join our team
As we continue to grow and succeed, Manganaro offers job applicants a variety of dynamic opportunities to join our industry-leading staff. From field operations to engineering, project management to administrative responsibilities, Manganaro is constantly looking for best-in-class candidates to join our team.
Based upon our growth needs, our drywall, masonry, concrete and masonry restoration departments provide field construction opportunities from entry level laborers to supervisors and field managers.
Entry level engineers are enrolled in our unique project management training program, which taps the considerable experience of our senior managers to accelerate the development of project engineers into independent, productive project managers.
Website Manganaro Midatlantic, LLC
Grow with Manganaro!
Job Title: Controller
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Location: Beltsville, MD
Staff: 3 direct reports (total of 13 employees)
Manganaro is a growing company performing construction services from Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states to New England. With over 60 years of experience in drywall, masonry, concrete/masonry restoration, structural strengthening and building envelope restoration. Grow with Us!
Training and Growth:
• Solid, reputable, growing company in multiple markets (potential for career/professional growth).
• Training, development and networking activities.
• Performance rewards (increases, bonus opportunity, etc.
Benefits and Perks:
• Eligible for all benefits 1st of the month after hire.
• Generous healthcare plan with Healthcare Reimbursement Account to offset deductibles.
• Dental and vision plans.
• 401(k) plan with generous match!
• Generous PTO and Holiday schedule to assist in maintaining work-life balance.
• Company-paid life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance! AFLAC available at group rates.
• Company outings: bowling; holiday luncheons; summer BBQ; basketball, softball and golf leagues
• Daily breakfast and unlimited soft drinks/beverages provided.
The Controller organizes and supervises all Accounting staff (payroll, A/P, A/R, staff accountants) to assure the timely accurate reporting of accounting information to management to enable management to make informed operational and business decisions for the company. Our organization is a high-volume business environment with multiple entities in multiple jurisdictions; therefore, the Controller will supervise staff at our headquarters, as well as Massachusetts and North Carolina.
• Prepare accurate, timely monthly Financial Statements, including individual company and consolidating company information along with detailed contract percentage billing schedules.
• Through direct reports, ensure timely and accurate processing of accounting and payroll transactions: government filings (sales/use tax, payroll taxes, etc.); vendor file maintenance (lien releases/waivers, certificates of insurance, etc.); tracking of bills and payments for cash flow projections; processing of vendor/subcontractor payments; review of vendor and bank statements; ensure maintenance and renewal of state registrations, business and tax licenses, etc.
• In partnership with CFO, implement, maintain and verify adequate internal controls; work with auditors and provide information as requested.
• Provide analyses of financial information and leverage data and systems to produce financial forecasts.
• Using understanding of job cost accounting, partner with Project Managers to provide accurate, timely Work-In-Progress reports as part of financial statement preparation.
• Monitor and maintain the integrity and operation of the Viewpoint Vista accounting system to include:
o Making certain that all subledgers reconcile to the General Ledger or Trial Balance.
o Information is being processed accurately including both quantities and dollars.
o All staff are properly trained in its operation.
o Work with IT Director to ensure all applicable updates are downloaded.
o Leverage the full capability of all Vista modules purchased.
o Make recommendations for system enhancements.
• Hire, train, supervise, coach and mentor teams.
• Interface with New England and North Carolina operations.
• Provide interface between the Accounting Department and Field Operations (Project Management, Field Foremen).
• Meet with Management Team to discuss Corporate Policy issues and direction.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Master’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred)
• CPA + 2 years of Public Accounting experience (other experience and training may be substituted)
• 10-15 years in Construction + 5 years of supervisory experience.
• Able to understand and apply principles of job cost accounting.
• Strong knowledge of accounting software (Viewpoint Vista, Sage or similar strongly preferred).
• Strong knowledge of Windows operating environment, MS-Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Effective communication (verbal/written/aural) and interpersonal skills (conflict resolution, negotiation, etc.)
• Other: Satisfactory background check; confidentiality agreement; able to travel for business (<10%).